Thursday, February 26, 2009

Friends on the Radio

Listening to the radio show The Herbal Highway with Karyn Sanders on KPFA today, two of my teachers/friends/colleagues were on the radio! Peggy Schafer and Leslie Gardener.

I have studied under them at California School of Herbal Studies, worked with them when I was a board member for the Sonoma County Herb Association and an intern at the Sonoma County Herb Exchange, and partied with them at herb events.

Leslie spoke about her new book:
Life in the Medicine: A guide to growing and harvesting herbs for medicine making.

You can view it and purchase it at www.lifeinthemedicine.com.

Peg spoke about her Chinese Medicinal Herb Farm
and her Chinese herbal extracts: Fu Tian Herbs

I am fortunate to live in an area where there is a lot happening herbally. Schools, classes, organic farms, medicine makers, herb festivals.....

I have learned a lot from my teachers and friends and it has enriched my life. Thank you Peg and Leslie. Good to hear your voices again!

No comments: